8.11.2008

.no men's wear for me

EDITed 10:11 p.m.

i was looking through Model Mayhem to see whats new under the clothing designer section when i came across this.

this right here is a perfect example of why i DON'T do men's clothing. you can't do but so much to a man before you have him screaming "triple snap in a z formation." not that there is anything wrong with gay men, but i'm sure that there are no heterosexual men in this world, that want to walk around with a yellow button down polo shirt with a ruffled collar and faux fur sleeves! in my eyes, there are only 2 ways a man can go... street sleek and dapper dan. maybe some men can get away with a combo of the 2. hmmm, thats not a bad idea. maybe i will try to sketch out a few thing in the near future. but for now, i'll leave that to Ralph Lauren!

12 comments:

who? said...

the only man ambiguous enough to even think about wearing that is Prince... there is zero chance of that even being thought of as remotely hip outside of that magazine... In my opinion...because I could be wrong... but I don't think I am

Anonymous said...

We can always use more suit designers.

Or more fun T-shirts and short patterns.

Men's fashion is a just more subtle art than women's because you have to keep things on the masculine side if you want people state-side to wear it.

Designer Qui said...

you know what, that did look like a Prince get-up!

suits, maybe i can do that. i personally feel that there are a lot of limits in a man's closet. i may give it a try though

brran1 said...

Does dude HAVE to stand like that?

It's bad enough he's wearing bear fur on his arms, but then to look like he's bouta bust a split? Never a good look.

Dave Van Buren said...

That "outfit" was a hot ass mess. I'm still having a problem with dudes rocking skinny jeans so leggings are out of the question.

As far as mens fashion. Most of it looks the same. You can try different things but on a everyday wear level it's all basic.

Anonymous said...

Hey nice page, are you thinking of becoming a fashion designer?

Designer Qui said...

LMAO BRRAN!!! he looks like he is about to shout "look what i can do!"

i agree with you super dave. men's everyday wear is very basic. some men do perfer to be a walking "Lam" sign (look at me) but most perfer just to fade into the crowd.

thank. yes@ Kin'shar

1/3 said...

Um yea he does look a lil gay in that pic lol

I agree there isnt alot of variety for men to wear without looking gay. Im glad I'm a girl lol

Designer Qui said...

in that case, so am i!

Charles said...

Wow...

Thats a very...interesting...look. You won't catch me rocking that though. I know my clothes are limited especially in the summer. I just rock polos...in all different colors.

Del said...

that pose is hurting my eyes!

Designer Qui said...

lol!