8.06.2008

.fuck what you heard

i've come to love the SBPH blog and all of the conversations that stem from the topics but one thing that is beginning to boil my blood is the amount of comments about baltimore. i understand that a lot of people watch The Wire so they have this perception of everything baltimore is about. this city is never displayed for any of the great things that it has breed. its just the drug, murder, and aids city.


FIRST OF ALL, not everyone from baltimore is a walking box of "Herpiesyphilirhea"! placing everyone that baltimore has given birth to under one category shows how wrong people really are.I did NOT come from a crackhead mother, we didn't live in those 4 level beat down house that you see on Tv, and we have never lived off the government! we did not always have it easy but we never live under those baltimore stereotypes.


its annoying when people speak on shit that they think they know about. until you've lived in baltimore for more than a few years... don't catigorize its people! i'll admit that as soon as everything is right for me, i'm moving away but its for the good of my child. if ALL baltimore people were like the ones you've seen on The Wire , i'd be on some ole "i'll stay here so my son can live out dope boy dreams" type shit. its a sad thing when you can't tell people where you are from because of the instant stereotypes that come along with it.


this city that used to be know for breeding some of the most important people in black history such as Billie Holiday, Frederick Douglass, and Thurgood Marshall, has now been down graded. our people's lust for material things have decayed this city and any smart person knows that this isn't just a baltimore problem. there are other places such as memphis, atl, l.a, and detroit that have the same drug, crime, and health issues as baltimore but you just choose to single out the one that has the HBO show.

so to everyone who feels the need to judge me or they know something about me based off of my birth place, you can kiss my baltimore fed ass. i make me who i am, not my city

9 comments:

brran1 said...

"Kiss My Baltimore Fed Ass..."

LMAO. Only cluless ignorami believe stereotypes. I wouldn't feed into it. We have all those bad things but we also have many great things that get overshadowed by all the negative.

It's all good.

Ya boy is D.C. born, Baltimore bred and damn proud.

Now where's my tin of Old Bay seasoning and my half & half?

Designer Qui said...

right, and i need a bushel of female crabs and a chicken box

Dave Van Buren said...

Funny thing is my boss (white guy early 30's) lives in B-more and when I asked him if he watched the wire, he calmly said no because he lives it... lol For real though he loves the place. And he is born and raised in WV. I'll be honest and say I have not traveled thru it much besides the flea market and the harbor.

Designer Qui said...

lol.i don't watch it either! i live here. i don't need a Tv show to show me baltimore

1/3 said...

Thank you for writing this post!!!!

I'm born and raised in Baltimore as well and I hate it when I go to another state and I say where I am from and I say Bmore and then they ask me all these dumass questions about the wire. Like you said everyone here dont live that life!

When I lived in the city I had both my parents, all my sisters finished highschool and didnt get pregnant when they was young. Those sterotypes are soo dumb.

anyways, sorry for the long response but i feel the same way you do lol. I'll def be back:-)

Taryn said...

well set the record straight for those who gotta hear it. I'm aware that every city has a good side a bad side and an ugly side.

I never really watched the Wire religiously like that, but I know that the projects, gangs, and drugs is NOT what B-more is all or only about. I never been to B-more but I don't need to visit a state to know that.

lol, but yeah I agree with what your saying.

who? said...

love Baltimore... I aint got alot of ppl down there, but I really do like it down there... it feels like home... and I've never fed into stereotypes portrayed by the wire or any other media... but it's crazy that some ppl think that's what it's all about without digging deeper

Anonymous said...

People always got some shit to say and don't never know what they talking about. So for all of you thats not from here ya'll can kiss our chicken box, crab cake and crabs eating, half and half drinking asses. B-More all day bitches....LMAO

Anonymous said...

I'm from Mississippi, so imagine what I go through. Hell, people I meet when I go out of town are surprised that I wear shoes. LOL -but for real. I feel ya!

Now, love your blog! Are you the mysterious commenter "Quiana" over at Pserendipity??