10.07.2008

.oh doll!

every fashion designer has some story about "making clothes for their barbies" as a kid. i was a tomboy who'd climb trees in my sundress, ride my bike with skirts on, and collect bugs in an old shoe box. i didn't care for the one legged barbie i had. i saw her as a slap in the face from my mom who wanted me to be this "ms. prissy" that i actually grew up to be!

today, i received a box from my aunt with a message that her "babies need my help". in the box were 11 of these dolls. all i could do was smile and shake my head! its just my luck that the one thing i hated as a kid has come back to bite me. LOL!

my aunt and grandmother run a flea market every sat. rain or shine for people who can't afford regular store prices. christmas is just a few short months away so they are now selling these dolls and other toys. so its all up to me to give these girls a Quiana style makeover! i guess i need to get on it huh?

7 comments:

Dave Van Buren said...

My mom makes clothes for cabbage patch kids. Sewing shirts that small must be a pain. but you'll be making some kids happy

Anonymous said...

Never thought to do anything like that.

Who didn't grow up playing in the street, climbing trees, and barbies all at the same time. I believe every girl no matter what growing up had a little tomboy in them.

Designer Qui said...

dave: what a great woman she is for that because doll clothes are a huge pain!!!

she needs: true.
i could not stand barbies at all! after i broke my barbie's leg... i purposely left her outside in the woods.

Jadore-Fashion said...

I use to cut up clothes for my barbie, i was such a girly girl when i was younger--been awhile i sew something--need to get back to it again :)

Ps: thanks for the comment btw ;)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

them dolls got some big hair lol

Taryn said...

I had that same Bratz doll :-) I didnt care for original barbies that much, but the bratz doll was fierce...

my sister had this whole barbie empire society going on. She had everything from the barbie jeep to the barbie dream house and a million barbies to fill the house with. It was so ridiculous and I use to play barbies with her and then one day she just grew out of it so instantly.

Kira Aderne said...

I do love barbies!

a kiss :)