9.21.2008

.it is what it is

while suffering from a serious headache thats keeping me awake, my mind will not stray away from questions that have yet to receive answers. half of me wants answers and the other half just throws in the white towel. i feel like i handle certain situations to the best of my ability but then hear that i went about it all wrong. i hate being in the center of shit. i rather be alone than to be placed in an uncomfortable position for that reason. especially when i always catch the blunt end of the assault. i am no ms. cleo but i can see myself being alone. in the past, i'd do everything in my power to fix the things that i cared about the most. this time, i'm the one thats broken.

so my main question is ... how do you go from being looked at like family, to being looked at like the enemy? i know for a fact that there is a lot of trust lost but on what grounds? i've been asking myself this for days and i believe it is part of the reason for this pounding headache but i can't help but wonder. its painful when you hold someone dear to you and they lose trust over something that never happened or crossed your mind.


"you are what you eat" so i guess they think i have a batch of backstabber cookie stashed in my purse.

2 comments:

who? said...

i know that feeling... I know that place... it's a crazy position to be in

Dave Van Buren said...

Trust is one of those things that once it's gone it never really comes back. we say we forgive and trust again but humans never do. You just live with that slight mis-trust hanging over everything.