7.28.2008

.meet me

see me as a success story. way before the success. i'm walking through life with my child on my back, hands filled with bags of pain, anger, and pipe dreams that were sold to me. instead of screaming i can't do this and dropping everything, i take it each day at a time and keep walking towards this goal. along the way, i've been able to let go of the bag containing pipe dreams. the anger and pain still weigh me down but i grid my teeth and loosen my grip. with no one who can fit my stilettos long enough to travel this road, its been even harder to push forward. i've had people around me whisper advice but as it leaves their lips and enters my ear, the level of their knowledge becomes clear. while they try to advise, they truly don't understand that this path can not be traveled so easily. grateful to have such people, i make the choice to keep them off my path and i don't allow them to touch the bags. now as the bags are at the verge of falling from my finger tips, another bag has been picked up. stress. this bag is so heavy that it has to be dragged but i continue to drag it towards that light. what keeps me going? i see the end of this path. a better place for my son and the satisfaction of knowing that i did it on my own.

so as i keep walking to the end, i'll share bits and pieces of the stops along the way

1 comment:

brran1 said...

We all feel like this @ times. Although you're on a journey, never forget to stop and smell the roses whenever you get the chance. You don't wanna look back 5-10 years from now regretting opportunities and experiences you've missed out on b/c you were too focused to take a breather. Trust, I struggle with this quite a bit.

Also, I may not fully understand what you have to deal with, but I'll still help out to the best of my abilities. You kno I got your back got dammit.

*singing* That's what friends are for...
LOL