9.12.2008

.back

this brief hiatus and a weekend with my huney was what i needed. not just because of the great massage he gave me but because he motivated me to push myself more.

i have a book full of sketches that date back to 2003 and had no intention to make some of them. i remember sitting in Mrs. Williams boring ass English class, passing notes to my Jessie Babe and sketches ideas that i would feed the trash can with by the end of the day. after a while i began to save them and they now rest inside of a big white binder, collecting dust. as time goes on, i grow to love them more and wonder why it is i chose to negelect them. so..... instead of letting my babies go unseen inside a cluttered book, i am going to frame my 3 favorites and hang them up in my little corner. when i graduate to a bigger space, they'll have a place on my wall to remind me of where it all began. i am also going to start working on mini collections for 2009. six or more garments to begin my portfolio. so excited already! 2009... watch me!

P.S. thinking of giving away prom dress ideas in sketch form.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

I need to get started on putting together a portfolio also. I'm sure your portfolio will be strong due to the work youve shown on your blog so far.

Designer Qui said...

aww thank you!
positivity = motivation!

brran1 said...

I tried to tell you that you need a hiatus from blogging.

I think I may be taking an extended one myself in the not too distant future...

Dave Van Buren said...

go ahead and put some of them sketches into action. Fashion week 09 will be here before you know it.